Having just finished school for the holidays and as an early Christmas present to all my followers, I thought it would be worthwhile sharing a list of all the wonderful festive ICT activities I've done with children over the last few weeks while it's all still fresh in my mind:
- Reception: explored this website from NgFL Cymru, used Purple Mash to paint Christmas trees using textured pens and built virtual snowmen using @wigglemyears' fab online game.
- Year 1: designed Christmas wrapping paper using the 'pattern' template in 2Paint a Picture, painted Christingles, painted snowmen pictures using a range of tools again in 2Paint a Picture, made Christmas card inserts using this template I made in 2Publish+ and wrote comments on the school website describing what things they like about Christmas time.
- Year 2 typed letters to Santa using Purple Mash with this prompt sheet I made and used 2Publish Extra to retell the story of the Nativity with this prompt sheet I made.
- Year 3: used Purple Mash to produce adverts for our KS1 nativity production with this guidance displayed on the IWB, created Christmas cards using 2Publish+ and described and decorated a Christmas tree using Purple Mash and these instructions.
- Year 4 used 2DIY to create two activities - a multiple-choice quiz about Christmas traditions around the world with the help of this information sheet and these images and a fun platform game using these images.
- Year 5 used the drawing tools in PowerPoint to create some Christmas pictures and used www.picasion.com to create an animated GIF with a flashing tree on it.
- Year 6 used Google Safe Search to research answers to a quiz all about Victorian Christmases.
- My Year 6 ICT Club used the drawing tools in PowerPoint and a microphone to create their own animated version of the 12 Days of Christmas song.
I hope some of these ideas are useful to someone out there - please remember bookmark this page ready to look back at it next November/December.